50 Cent Says He Would Never Respond To Nick Cannon: ‘You Suck, Bro’


New York, NY – 50 Cent is in heavy promo mode for his new ABC crime drama For Life, which premiered on February 11. During a recent interview with The Breakfast Club, the seasoned rapper sat down with Charlamagne Tha God, DJ Envy and Angela Yee where the topic of Nick Cannon and Eminem inevitably came up.

The outspoken celebrity said with absolute certainty, he wouldn’t even give Cannon the courtesy of responding to a diss track, which is reportedly the same advice he gave Eminem when Cannon fired off not one but three diss tracks in Slim Shady’s direction earlier this year.

“I would never respond to Nick Cannon,” he said. “Never. The camera is on, right? He’s legendary corny. He’s been legendary corny. He’s been corny forever, like from the very beginning. I thought at one point he was headed somewhere that was like  Will Smith-ish ’cause it was kind of comedy stuff. Then, it just never got to its destination. It just never got cool.”

When Yee asked if 50 would give Cannon a role in the forthcoming Power spin-off, he confirmed it’s not out of the question.

“Yeah, if he did a good job,” he said. “He did great in Drumline. He did good in that. Like, I believed him … as a drummer.”

Charlamagne replied, “The only thing he’s not good at is rapping,” to which 50 said,  “I don’t know why he’s so passionate about it. Like, what the hell is going on? Bro, look, you suck, bro. You suck, bro. I’mma just tell you the truth. Like, there was never a moment when you said something and we was like, ‘Ooo, bars.’”

View this post on Instagram

The kid @50cent in the hot seat! | 📸: @d7greene

A post shared by The Breakfast Club (@breakfastclubam) on

50 then dismissed the whole Eminem versus Cannon beef as nothing more than a promotional strategy.

“I look at it like he’s trying to build energy for his show — his talk show and radio show,” he said. “I wouldn’t just punch him in the face if I saw him. I know what that is. I know what you’re trying to do.”

On the topic of Empire versus Power, 50 clarified his problem with the show isn’t Empire actors Taraji P. Henson or Terrance Howard — it’s with the executives behind the show.

“I don’t have a problem with Taraji or Terrance, but the executives did steal from the marketing of Power,” he said. “That’s what I meant then. I was attaching myself to them through the argument in order to be connected to the marketing budget FOX was going to spend.”

Last month, Henson blasted 50 for continuing to bash Empire while speaking to T.I. on his expediTIously podcast.

“Our show has nothing to do with his show,” she said. “We’re talking two different subject matters. Then again 50, do you know what the fuck I had to do to get here? Why tear down another black person? For competition? There are a million other shows you can compete with. To do that publicly? It’s embarrassing.”

Naturally, Fiddy responded in true 50 Cent fashion.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *